Thursday, July 14, 2011

You are a workaholic if...

1. The only way for you to remember birthdays and anniversaries is through your outlook calendar 
2. You are trapped in a kidnapped flight on way to Afghanistan and having been safely rescued, the first thing you do on getting a network signal is checking your mail. 
3.You make a ten page flowchart, and cross reference each node, to prove that Harry Potter universe just cannot exist. 
4. You consume less food/water because that would mean wasting time going to loo! 
5. You feel irritated that laptops are not allowed in movie halls. 
6. You can’t remember the last social function that you attended.
7. You wore a faded shirt to the seventy fifth anniversary of your parents
whereas you regularly get new suits tailored only for office wear.
8. All your relatives and friends have forgotten your name and refer to you as ‘That Guy’.
9. You feel that hobbies are something which are done when one has spare time.
10. The only time you've had off in the last three years was to attend your favorite uncle's funeral. 
11. You let the janitors out of the office before the start of the working hours and let them in after everyone has gone home. 
12. You have used “This is the last time I am working so late” at least three times last week. 
13. You cannot understand why people around you seem much more interested in talking among themselves instead of listening to you telling them about your new job. 
14. You tried your best to reschedule wife’s delivery to facilitate your client deliverable.


15. You slept off the joyride. 
16. You wonder why you cannot sleep and eat at the same time. 
18. You bought a Bluetooth headset so that you carry on a meeting while being on the call. 
19. You feel guilty when not working or doing something fun. 
20. Your idea of a family reunion is arranging a videoconferencing on skype for all the members. 
21. You actually went to a bookshop to search the very much talked about ‘Face’Book. 
22. Your playlist has not been updated for last 10 years. 
23. You bought an I-Pad for situations where you can’t work on laptops. 
24. You tend to send meeting appointments and subsequent reminders for lunch date with your wife.
25. You feel Baba Ramdev is a waste of time and 15 minutes of power nap can solve all the ailments and bring world peace. 
26. You actually have a spare sleeping bag and change of clothes in your office.
27. You did not see that number 17 is missing.
28. Now you scrolled back to check and are now smiling :D

Images Courtesy: ba6alah.wordpress.com, wildwomanfundraising.com, careerwatch.wordpress.com, sleepzine.com.

PS: I know #27 & #28 have been done a number of times earlier but this being my first list based post, I could not resist it!

15 comments:

  1. After reading your earlier post i was inspired to read this one. let me tell you it seems that i am a workaholic i fit into quite a few of those mentioned and yes i fell for #27 and #28. but i enjoyed the post. cool work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I have missed the point #17 but i am not at all workaholic. Infact, i am a student and have loads of free time available.

    May be you have written points so well that i increase my pace to read them and thus miss 17.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/17/2011

    The 17th point was brilliant ;-)
    And I have been a workaholic earlier and can tick a lot of stuff on the list. But thankfully, I am back to being a student for a couple of years now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a super cool article bhaiya... brilliant work done... i think my dad should read this... he will score maximum points... definitely... i am sure about this... thanks bhaiya... for such a remarkable article...

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha....now a days people are also becoming social-networkaholik...you should write something abt them too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha.. well i liked the 14th, 21st nd 25th doing out of the list! cant fathom why? sometimes i hate workaholics but now i know why! lol

    Have a good day, came by on a blog walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha buon cuoi qua di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amagizing list, work, work and work!!!! this is the key of success for our tasks! Thanks for unique post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @William: Welcome to the world of my Wandering Thoughts... Feel free to explore more! I am glad that you liked the post and esp #27 and #28 :D
    @Rachit: Welcome to the world of my Wandering Thoughts... Feel free to explore more! Thanx for liking the post mate! And even a student can be a workaholic; cant they?
    @Milan: I am sure you did like #17 a lot. A good lot of them? Then you must be one!
    @Lumuhuku: Welcome to the world of my Wandering Thoughts... Feel free to explore more! As I said, even a student can be a workaholic! And once you have done these things, there is no going back!
    @Mahak: I am glad that you liked the post… make sure Bhaiyya reads it.. I too am sure he will score high on the list!
    @findin42: Welcome to the world of my Wandering Thoughts... Feel free to explore more! Do feel free to paste it to anybody’s desk.
    @life size cutouts: I am also glad to know that you are not a workaholic individual.
    @ CGR_Goa: I think I just might write something about social-networkaholism too!
    @ Nisha: Welcome to the world of my Wandering Thoughts... Feel free to explore more! I hope your blog walk was a success! Don’t hate them; pity them!
    @Friv: I don’t know what you said but I hope its good!
    @Sunny: Welcome to the world of my Wandering Thoughts... Feel free to explore more! I am glad that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! A great lesson able list and I try to be a nice workaholic! Thanks for your hardship to provide us so nice and useful info.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha-ha! This post had me laughing all the way through. I liked all of them, but found a couple of them especially funny... Besides, there are many health benefits when it comes to finding humor in such things. Thanks for writing this excellent piece; cheers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice article .good work keep it up thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Glad to be of service!!!

      Welcome to the world of my Wandering Thoughts... Feel free to explore more!

      Delete

Powered By Blogger